Friday, April 25, 2014

favorite things :: beach vacation edition

We are headed to Florida soon with my family - we are so excited to get away, relax and be with each other. I'm praying the weather is great because I have plans to be in the sun all day, every day. Even if we do get rain, it will be a wonderful time! 

As I'm starting to think about what to bring and do to prepare, I thought I'd share some of my favorite things right now and what I consider some beach essentials. I am actually excited to be in a swim suit for this trip because I do not care at all what my body looks like. I'm nearly eight months pregnant and will totally be rocking the bikini. Packing, in my mind, is easy when it comes to a low-key beach trip. You just need a few things: sunscreen, swim suits, cover ups and comfy clothes. Done and done. Here are my favorites - some of which I have shared on the blog before!

you never can go wrong with bright nails - love orangey-reds for summer
Essie / Target / $8

I love this stuff during the summer - it covers lightly, provides protection and doesn't hurt my sensitive skin!
Supergoop / Nordstrom / $32

I have this maxi dress and it is perfect for my baby bump and post pregnancy. It's perfect for the beach because I can throw it on after being at the pool or beach OR I can dress it up for dinner out.
Nordstrom (on sale!!) / comes in a variety of colors and prints

Everyone in my family uses this after the pool or beach. Smells wonderful and works!
Aveda / $21

My friend Callie just gifted me a new tote bag for my bday and it's perfect for the beach.
A monogrammed jute tote bag is a must have to carry towels, sun screen, hats and a book.
Tote Bag / Etsy

Not exactly necessary, but how adorable is this clutch from Anthropologie?
I almost bought it the other day with birthday money but decided against it.
Still doesn't mean I won't go and buy it!
Clutch / Anthropologie / $48

I did buy this from Anthropologie - got to use my birthday gift card and birthday discount.
I love this dress - and plan to wear. it. out.
Note: if you buy it and are on the shorter size, a small petite fit me perfectly!
Dress / Anthropologie / $118

These towel shorts from Mini Boden are my new favorite piece of clothing for Emma and Claire.
They are on sale online right now, too!!
Shorts / Mini Boden / $18

I love J.Crew swim suits - but what I do to save money is pair them with pieces from Target.
Case in point - I have a plain pair of black bottoms from Target and will match it with this top from J.Crew.
Bikini Top / J.Crew / $52 (with additional 30% off with code GOSHOP)

These were another birthday present - I got a $50 birthday month gift card from Tory Burch
and used bday money to pay for the rest. I love these sandals and they come in a variety of colors.
Plus, it's friends and family right now at TB so everything is 25% off!
Bow Sandals / Tory Burch / $150

No comments: