Thursday, February 12, 2009

TV recap for the week...

If you really know Daniel and me... then you know we are t.v. and movie buffs. We watch everything. Thank goodness for Tivo!! My two favorite shows are 30 Rock and The Office - I think The Office has had some of their funniest episodes this season and Tina Fey is a genius ("I want to go to there" is the best line ever!). We also love SNL, Friday Night Lights, 24, Worst Week, Amazing Race... oh gosh, the list goes on. (I have to admit I am watching the Bachelor again and I am now hooked. I am rooting for all three - they are great. But I think he is going to end up with Jillian. They seem like the best match.)

One of the best parts of the spring line up is American Idol! Yeah for season 8! One of my best friends, Kirby, would watch AI in my dorm room and I think we both teared up when Kelly Clarkson won. Last year, I became obsessed with David Cook and found myself voting every week. Daniel, Andrew (our dear friend), and I would stay up, discuss who we thought was best, and all vote. Again, I cried when David Cook won. 

This year - I have already picked my three favorites. Danny, Matt, and Jamar. Sadly, Jamar was not invited to the top 36. I could not believe it. I thought he could have gone to the finals. He is amazing - different, soulful, edgy, amazing voice and spirit. I was really sad to see him go... but, I am holding out that the judges will make him the wild-card and he will be back for the top 12! 

Matt is a dueling pianist. So, automatically, I'm attached because I play piano, too. His Hollywood audition was so good that I got chills. Love him and I think America will love him too because he reminds me of a Jon McLaughlin meets Gavin DeGraw. 

My favorite and my pick for the season: Danny. Wow. What a story and a testament to the human spirit. His wife died 
very young and he hopes that people will get to see how wonderful she was through his singing. I must say when I first saw him I was skeptical and then he sang... woo hoo! I would buy his CD today. I can't wait for the next week because he is in the first group to go. He has an amazing voice, control, a big heart, and really seems like an all-around, nice guy. Definitely the David Cook for this season!! If you don't watch AI, get your televisions set and watch!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I agree, Jean. I loved Jamar and now I am really hoping Danny or Lil Round will win! We'll just have to see. I hope you have a fantastic 4-day weekend!